- This event has passed.
Inauguration of TECoSA’s Edge computing testbeds at KTH
September 1, 13:00 – 15:00
Paving the way for the smart digital infrastructures of tomorrow
TECoSA is long term research center on Trustworthy Edge Computing Systems and Applications, funded by Vinnova and partners. Since the start in 2020, TECoSA involves a growing number of industrial partners (currently 16) and 9 research groups at KTH.
TECoSA addresses industrial digitalization with specific emphasis on edge-computing based systems for critical applications, where different aspects of trustworthiness are of key concern,including but not limited to safety, cybersecurity and predictability.
As a main effort, TECoSA is driving the development of two edge-computing testbeds to promote research in the area and to stimulate collaboration. The testbeds will serve both research on core aspects of digital infrastructures as well as industrial applications. The development of the testbeds has been funded by VINNOVA as well as SSF.
On Friday 1 September 2023, TECoSA will inaugurate its testbeds at KTH, encompassing two set-ups:
- Indoor: Inside R1 (the former experimental reactor hall at KTH), TECoSA has deployed a two radio networks comprising of software-defined radios as well as commercial 5G equipment, (provided through Telenor, based on Ericsson equipment). Major efforts went into the backend software and hardware infrastructure, allowing flexible, repeatable and automated experimentation.
- Outdoor: Established with KTH on-premise edge compute facilities on the KTH Valhallavägen campus, the testbed is coupled with the 5G outdoor network of Telenor and Ericsson. Telenor provides network access, and preferred routing of data to the edge compute facilities on KTH premises.
The event will feature visits and initial demos related to the testbed and research in TECoSA, as well as a panel discussion with KTH and partners including Ericsson, Saab, Telenor, Avassa and Einride.
13.00: Welcome and introductions!
* TECoSA introduction and overview (TECoSA director, Martin Törngren, KTH)
* Strategic collaboration and testbeds (Mikael Lindström, prorector, KTH)
* The role of future smart infrastructures (Jonas Eden, CMO Telenor)
13.25: Panel debate, chaired by Jana Tumova, TECoSA project lead, KTH
* Magnus Frodigh, Head of Research, Ericsson
* Petter Bedoire, CTO SAAB
* Jonas Eden, CMO Telenor
* Calle Moberg, CTO Avassa
* Andreas Ahlström, Director of public funding and research collaborations Einride
* Mikael Lindström, Pro-rektor KTH
14.15: TECoSA testbeds, demos and mingle with refreshments
* TECoSA testbeds and intro to demos (TECoSA co-director, James Gross, KTH)
* Testbed demos and mingle with refreshments
15.30: Inauguration closes