Our vision for 2030 is that TECoSA is a highly visible, high-impact and dynamic research environment for trustworthy edge computing systems and applications, with an outstanding offering to Swedish and international industrial partners in terms of research, technology, knowledge, education and facilities, contributing to the Swedish positioning as a leader in industrial digitalization.
- Build a dynamic environment for multidisciplinary, world-leading research on trustworthy edge computing systems and applications in multiple industrial domains, sustainable beyond the lifetime of the center.
- Provide technologies, methodologies and software to Swedish industry contributing to competitiveness in terms of R&D efficiency as well as better and more cost-efficient products and services.
- Systematically and continuously foster education and knowledge transfer by:
- providing industrial experience for students and post-docs
- developing advanced courses in the subject field considering education/training at Master and PhD levels, and for practicing engineers
- providing highly qualified young researchers for academia, innovative start-ups as well as established Swedish industry.
TECoSA will warrant a vital and active consortium that highlights industrial needs and fosters knowledge exchange across industrial domains. TECoSA will need to find a good research organization regarding fundamental aspects and industrial needs, while allowing cooperation of the research partners.
The involved academic and industrial partners already today conduct research and transfer activities that target in various ways trustworthy edge computing systems. However, in almost all cases these efforts are oriented along shorter time horizons, and involve only a limited amount of competences. Thus, addressing the challenges with respect to trustworthy edge computing systems in a coherent manner is infeasible if these individual efforts remain in isolation, while being limited in scope.
In the current form of individually conducted research efforts, industrial needs are oftentimes not known or available to the project actors, while at the end of these efforts the corresponding findings and results are often not properly disseminated nor maintained/pursued further due to insufficient funding, insufficient facilities, and limited industrial reach. TECoSA will mostly enable here the creation of a visible academic-industrial exchange platform, with a common legal framework and best practices in terms of industrial transfer and IP handling.