Scope and topics:
The evolution of the Internet-of-Things (IoT) is changing the nature of edge-computing devices. End-nodes have to support, in-place, an increasing range of functionality: multi-sensory data processing and analysis, complex systems control strategies and, ultimately, artificial intelligence. These new capabilities will enable disruptive innovation in wearable and implantablebiomedical devices, autonomous insect-sized drones, autonomous smart environmental sensing, safety-critical real-time applications and structural health monitoring, and more.In this special issue, we are seeking contributions on IoT Smart Edge Computing Architectures, Systems and related hardware-software design approaches.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Hardware-Software design approaches for smart edge processing
• Heterogeneous systems-on-chip and architecture for energy efficient smart edge processing
• Low power analog and mixed signal computing, in-memory computing, in-sensor computing
• Edge Machine-learning architectures dealing with sensor and signal variabilities
• Neuro-symbolic, brain- and bio-inspired computing paradigms for edge processing
• IO and Peripherals for energy efficient interfaces in edge computing system
• Edge processing for biomedical IoT systems and Human Machine Interaction
• Smart edge IoT devices for structural health monitoring and predictive maintenance
• Real-time and safety-critical smart edge sensors for industrial IoT.
As per TC policies, only full-length papers (at least 12 pages and according to TC submission requirements) can be submitted to special issues/sections and each author’s bio should not exceed 150 words
Manuscript Preparation and Submission:
Follow the guidelines in “Information for Authors” in the IEEE Transaction on Industrial Informatics. Please see: http://www.ieee-ies.org/pubs/transactions-on-industrial-informatics
Please submit your manuscript in electronic form through Manuscript Central web site:at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tc-cs
On the submitting page #1 in popup menu of manuscript type, select this special issue.
Submissions to this Special Section must represent original material that has been neither submitted to, nor published in, any other journal. As per TC policies, only full-length papers (at least 12 pages and according to TC submission requirements) can be submitted to special issues/sections and each author’s bio should not exceed 150 words.
Submission Deadline: August 30, 2020
Reviews Completed: October 25, 2020
Major Revisions Due: November 30, 2020
Reviews of Revisions Completed: December 15, 2020
Notification of Final Acceptance: January 1, 2021
Publication Materials for Final Manuscripts Due: January 15, 2021
Publication: March 2021
• Prof .Luca Benini, University of Bologna, Italy and ETH Zurich, Switzerland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Prof Taekwang Jang ETH Zurich, Switzerland (email@example.com)
• Dr. Abbas Rahimi UC Berkeley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Dr. Simone Benatti, University of Bologna, Italy (email@example.com)
Detailed information and guidelines concerning the submission process and LaTeX and Word templates can be found at https://www.computer.org/csdl/journal/tc/write-for-us/15066?title=Author